Preserving, extending and promoting the history of the Frazer Nash marque
The Frazer Nash Archives was established as a registered charity by John Aldington, son of HJ "Aldy" Aldington, to preserve, extend and promote the history of the marque.
At its core are the photos, records, trophies and memorabialia collected and guarded by John's uncle, WH "Bill" Aldington, who had been in charge of advertising and publicity from the early 1930s onwards. In addition, bundles of documents from the Kingston days were found in the roof of the Falcon Works and these are slowly being sorted and placed in the relevant files which are kept for each Frazer Nash chassis from 1923 to 1957.
There are also files for Frazer Nash-BMWs imported during the second-half of the 1930s and information on the relationship between AFN and the Bristol Aeroplane Company which led to the production of the Bristol 400 and 401.
On display are four famous Frazer Nash cars owned for many years by John Aldington and donated by him to the Archives :
- 1925 PlusPower-engined Three Seater
- 1934 Blackburne-engined Byfleet II
- 1949 Bristol-engined four-seater Cabriolet
- 1951 Bristol-engined Le Mans Replica, winner of the 1951 British Empire Trophy driven by Stirling Moss
GN Source Book: The Frazer Nash Archives have acquired the substantial collection of GN material gathered together over the past forty years by Sandy Skinner. This collection includes the GN Source Book, which was originally distributed by Sandy in very limited numbers in the 1980’s. The Source Book comprises copies of over 300 pages of material of interest to GN enthusiasts, copied from contemporary magazines. These include road tests, description of new models, technical tips, editorial comment on the new cyclecar movement, general articles and advertisements. The great majority of these documents are from the production years 1910 to 1924, together with a smaller collection of later but important articles on GNs, such as Sam Clutton’s 1949 ‘History of the GN’ and Ron Godfrey’s article on the French-built GN from Veteran and Vintage magazine. All of this material has been scanned by the Archives and is now available on a CD (from which individual documents can be printed). Please refer to the Emporium page on this website if you wish to obtain a copy.
The Frazer Nash Archives is managed by the following Trustees, all of whom are full members of the Club :
- Peter Livesey (ex-Committee member of the VSCC)
- Roger Richmond (past Captain of the Frazer Nash Car Club)
- Winston Teague (Registrar of the Frazer Nash Car Club)
- James Trigwell (Post-war Registrar of the Frazer Nash Car Club)
- John Marsh (ex-Secretary of the Frazer Nash Car Club)
- Louise Bunting (past Captain of the Frazer Nash Car Club)
Patron: Alastair Pugh (past Captain of the Frazer Nash Car Club)
To arrange a visit to the Frazer Nash Archives or for more information on a particular car or subject please contact one of the following:
- Visits or general information - Peter Livesey on 01494 881453 or email@example.com
- Chain-drive GN and Frazer Nash cars - Winston Teague 01584 881240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post-war Frazer Nash and FN-BMW cars - James Trigwell 01483 571571 or email@example.com
The Frazer Nash Archives Website can be found here:
Donations of information and photos concerning GN and Frazer Nash cars are always welcome. The Archives is a safe and useful place to lodge precious files built up over many years by Frazer Nash owners and enthusiasts. Also, donations of money, however small, will help to maintain this valuable resource for future generations of Nash lovers.
The Frazer Nash Archives is located in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.