Welcome to the “Chain Gang”!
The Frazer Nash Car Club was inaugurated on 1st April 1933, at a splendid Owners Dinner at the Mayfair Hotel, London, where there were about 80 people in attendance. With Captain Archie Frazer-Nash as Patron, H.J. ‘Aldy’ Aldington as Chairman, a small committee and hugely enthusiastic support from members, the Club flourished in the years before the war.
Even before the Club came into existence, Frazer Nash and GN owners were known as the Chain Gang, with a fearsome reputation for their competitive approach to life, both on and off the track. There is no surprise then to learn that the Club’s first event in May 1933 was to attempt the “unclimable” Screw Hill in Caernarvonshire, where two thirds of the entry made a successful ascent. This set the bench-mark for the Club’s future activities. The Chain Gang today is proud to uphold all of those traditions.
In 1934 the Vintage Sports Car Club was formed.The Frazer Nash Car Club decided to throw their lot in with the VSCC in 1947 and so became the Frazer Nash Section of the VSCC.
Nonetheless, the Section was running its own events. It was also manufacturing spare parts, had its own magazine, its own bank account, and published its own accounts. Although the relationship between the Section and the VSCC was extremely successful and harmonious, in 2005 the decision was made to re-form the Frazer Nash Car Club. Thus, in 2006 the Frazer Nash Car Club was re-born.
Frazer Nash owners have always continued in the spirit of the early owners of the cars. They compete regularly in races, hill climbs, sprints and trials. Some also compete internationally in races and on long-distance rallies. The Club has a strong social programme, culminating in the extremely noisy Christmas Party, and there is also very strong support for overseas Raids.